Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Time I Was Successful In Writing

A time I was successful in writing to the world was when i wrote in the entertainment section of my high school newspaper for a year. I was in a group that would go to live music shows and other places  for teens our age to chill and write reviews on how we felt about the artists and venues. The relationship I held with those I was writing to was tight knit and understanding. The audience expected me to be at a local bands show every weekend and give my review. I even reviewed my own band when we played live. Considering race and ethnicity, I wrote about all genres of music from Indie and Metal to Rap and HipHop. Even though I was a newspaper author, I didn't use a traditional style of writing so I could appeal to my audience in a more comedic way. I felt my style of writing created a common grounds between me and my audience. The end goal of the reviews I gave were to mainly give a positive word on up and coming artists and venues. Finalizing my writings I had final say over what was said other than some peer editing and approval by the principal. I felt my final say is what connected me to my audience even more.


                                          (My band live @Rockettown, Nashville Tn. 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment