Thursday, November 6, 2014

The hardest time that I had writing to the world would most definitely be when I was assigned my first research paper in high school. Research papers are supposed to be an influential writing on something that had been in interest to you. I had changed the topic at least five times, this is because I had to find something I knew I could write a lot of things about. Finding a topic I knew I could talk about made the process of writing the paper so much easier. Since this had been my first research paper I knew it wasn't going to be an easy assignment. In my writing I wrote about equal right, I made the assumption that since we're all human beings that nothing should be different among one another for the reason that it's completely unfair to be treated any differently. The assumptions I made were reasonable to myself, but harder to support when doing research because this was more of an opinion than they were facts. I then had to change the topic to gay marriage, this then resulted in finding a lot more information to back it up. To make sure that the audience expectations and assumptions were met I made sure not to include just the facts but insert opinions from people all over the nation. Gay marriage in this case though was more of a government and political issue, so I also made sure that the law was clear. I think that the assumptions and expectations were very clear depending on the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment